(Updated 15 October 2020)
- We take your privacy very seriously indeed. If you don’t want us to contact you for promotional purposes, we won’t (we will, of course, communicate with you in connection with any order you place, including order confirmation e-mails about that order). We will never sell your information.
- We collect information to allow you to place orders with us and to improve your experience using our website. In particular, we diligently collect, track and interpret all data, including your personal information, which help to reveal what users generally, and you specifically, like and don’t like about our website and content.
- We may occasionally share data with strategic, trusted partners so that we can better understand and improve the visitor experience, and cater to your preferences.
- You can always opt-out, anytime, day or night (even on high holidays).
What information do we collect?
Information you give us when you:
- register to use our website or create an account;
- search for a product;
- place an order;
- subscribe to any update service;
- participate in social media functions on the site;
- enter information on certain pages on the site;
- login using your social media profile;
- contact us by phone or email; or
- participate in a promotion.
This information may include your date of birth, name, email address, phone number and social media profile details; transaction details, purchase history and items saved on your basket; billing and shipping details; and any other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers or other marketing activities.
In basic terms, we will collect as much information about your use of our website as we possibly can. In our experience, this is the best way of improving the experience of visitors to the website. Oh, and just because other websites don’t tell you that they do this, doesn’t mean that they don’t! The tools which we use to monitor the functioning of our website collect certain data which users enter when interacting with that website, including personal data such as IP addresses, even if those users do not complete a purchase, post a comment, submit a review, enter a promotion, or complete any other type of interaction with our website. We will never record passwords in this way.
How do we use your information?
We use the information you give to us to:
- process any order that you make and make sure you have a great experience using our services. The personal information you submit during your registration or while placing an order will only be used for the purpose of processing your orders unless you also opt in to receive a newsletter. We won’t use such data for marketing or other purposes unless you give us your permission to do so;
- to provide customer service and support and to respond to your queries and requests;
- enable our experts to conduct data analysis to help us improve our services and advertising, including showing you our adverts as you browse the web. We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services;
- we may also send locally hashed data to trusted third parties (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc) to send you personalised advertising on those platforms that you are already a member of and to help us create so-called “lookalike audiences” and/or “custom audiences” which will help us send relevant advertising to existing users of those platforms who may have similar taste in drinks and spirits; and keep you updated on our latest announcements or send you marketing information about us and our products. If you would like to change your communication preferences or if you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, please either log into your account or contact us to let us know.
We use the information we collect to:
- administer our site and improve your browsing experience, including tailoring content offered to you;
- defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We use the information we receive from other sources to combine with information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). These are companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
In accordance with Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR), we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
We suspect that it won’t come as a golloping shock to you that our site includes social network plugins and links to third party content, so certain data (your current IP address, e-mail address, pages or sites you visit after you leave our site and the date and time) is forwarded to these social media services and third party sites even if you are not registered with them. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. Unfortunately, we have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing or their privacy practices – we suggest you review their privacy statements to make sure your are comfortable with the way they use your information as well.
Your rights (and how to exercise them!)
If you wish to exercise any of your statutory rights relating to data we hold about you, please get in touch and we will be happy to help. Once we get all of the information we need to process your request, your request will be investigated by our Data Protection Officer.